Turn to the next Paige

Friday, December 15, 2006

Eek!

The station is reportedly haunted. Stop giving me that look...it is! When I started working at the station last year, I was not told anything about any strange stories or ghosts...I only EXPERIENCED strange things during the overnight shift. The scary thing about my usual time for my show is that during a majority of my time, I am there by myself. I feel pretty safe at this building because of what I do and our security system and the actual location of the studio within the building. However, during the night I will do some walking around one of the floors to get my blood going again. I have a reputation of screaming because on occassion a producer will come in and I won't be aware. I will be walking around leisurely when someone will pop out of the corner and I will have a slight stroke...and screaming loud enough with my fist ready to go. This also makes the other person have a slight stroke. One of the producers, bless his heart, will yell out across the floor "Paige, its Josh" so I won't be alarmed. I think he does this more for his sake, because I have come close to doing some Matrix moves on him and he is scared of me.

A couple of months ago, I was walking around and I could smell this awfully strange odor. I went into the kitchen area where the coffee maker was turned on...and no coffee was brewing. The maker was burning the pot. Wow, great fire hazard. I got alarmed because no one had come by and I had not turned the pot on myself. Stop rolling your eyes. So I turned off the maker and watched my surroundings for the rest of the night.

By the end of my shift, the next guy comes in and I ask him about the incident. If the coffee maker is usually set or if he new of anyone that would have come in. He knew nothing of the sort but then told me how similar incidents have happened to people in this building. One of the full time overnight people, who is one of my favorite people, has incidents happen all the time with strange stuff. The coffee maker will just come on, the coffee that he had just made will in fact be missing, he has seen things, etc. He believes it is in fact a spirit of one of the former overnight workers who passed away a couple of years ago.

On top of that, I found out there was a lot of history to the building. It used to be an old coal company. There was in fact a man who committed suicide in one of the bathrooms. Again, I thought this was a joke but after further asking, it is in fact true. While I covered a shift from 7-midnight last night, one of the janitors came in and chatted with me. She is absolutely adorable. Somehow we got into talking about the history of the building and SHE brought up how she has experienced strange things happening to her. She will feel things in the bathrooms, she has seen things pass by her, and some other things that are quite strange.

People...I don't deal well with this type of stuff.

If this is a joke...its definitely an elaborate one. Seriously, I am waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out and practially tackle me with camera lights shining bright on me.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM , Blogger BG said...

    Its a good thing those people told you the stories so your imagination can run wild. Not much to be afraid of if all your "ghost" is doing is messing with your coffee pot. I've heard it all now, a ghost who likes coffee.

    ~Brian

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home