Turn to the next Paige

Thursday, March 05, 2009

She's going the distance...she's going for speed...

At the end of January, I came across a new class at my gym...and I got hooked. It is a running class and it is absolutely fabulous. I know it doesn't sound much fun but it will push you in a way that I never knew existed. Some of you may recall that last summer I wanted to do a 5k. That failed since I started to have knee problems due to my right hip shifting a couple of years ago (Gentry...no jokes on my height). I was disappointed but knew it was not worth blowing my knee out with all the running.

This class has helped me so much that my instructor told me I should enter a race since I have improved so much in the past month...so I have decided that I am doing my first 5k on March 29th. My knee has not given me ANY trouble (thanks to some awesome and expensive Nikes, research for proper form, and a knee strap to support my leg).

I am proud to say my distance/time as of yesterday is 3.1 miles in 31 minutes. I am running 4-5 times a week and always add in yoga, pilates or weight lifting after my run. I can't believe the difference in my body in just a few weeks. My energy has improved and the muscle definition is starting to show (my sweet hubby was quite impressed in the definition in just my back and tummy). Just a couple of more weeks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home