Turn to the next Paige

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

They know that Santa is on his way....

Man, Nat King Cole and the other "Crooners" know how to get the Christmas spirit flying. As I am writing this, I'm listening to a new Christmas cd that I bought. Let me tell you "Crooners Sing Christmas" is the best cd ever. Buy it if you can find it.

And yes, I am fully aware that it is September but nothing calms my nerves better than Christmas music sung by Frank, Deano, Cole and others. The past few weeks have been a bit stressful for me and I'm trying to find things that take the "edge" off. Some choose tequilla while...well... for me "The Christmas Song" does it.

I always start getting excited about the holidays in the late summer. I can start to feel that fantastic Autumn weather that is hiding around the corner. The wind blows different. The sunlight even seems brighter (I never understood that). It always changes within a day. You walk outside in the morning and you just know it is different. Soon we will start to see those bright leaves start to fall (in a spectrum of my favorite colors). The mall is already opening up the seasonal stores...which I have already found the kind of tree theme I would love to decorate Andy's house with (bright green and red....almost a Dr. Seuss kind of theme with accents for my Grinch). I'm excited for the annual events and going to church. THE MOVIES that always come on tv. I'm just ready...really ready for this year. I've already had to make a promise to Andy that I wouldn't work on holidays this year (the workaholic in me got the best last year). Yes, sir...I'm already full of that Christmas cheer...and football season just started.

I've just been stressed lately with all the wedding planning that the little things just make you see that it is not worth it. My family (particularly my mother who I do love) have had some tiffs that just bum me out...and I am just trying to look past the details. From what I have gotten from previous brides, these tiffs are completely normal and mine are rather mild compared to others. Some stories I have heard are just insane. I just hate that this is stressig me and my family out beyond neccessary. I know it will work out...just get me to April. A great halfway point is of course Christmas!! ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM , Blogger SJ said...

    The sunlight being brighter is due to the lower levels of ozone and other particulates in the air as you move from summer into fall. So in the fall there's nothing to filter the light and you get "brighter" sunlight.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home