Turn to the next Paige

Friday, November 07, 2008

Just to clarify some things...

I want to just bluntly say that NO, I did not vote for President Obama. However, though I do not agree with some of his proposed policies, I will continue to PRAY for him and our country for strength, protection, and guidance. I find his presidential election to be a very defining moment in history and completely respect and admire it.

The thing that does alarm me is the pressure that we now have not only on ourselves as a country but also the pressure from the world. This is going to be a trial like no other for our beloved nation and I do find that we are embarking on something that is beyond a catchy slogan. As a Christian that is constantly mocked and judged for my faith (even when joked about stereotypically from fellow bloggers) I will still plant my feet strong and firmly in my beliefs. Not in a way that shoves a faith down your throat, but in a way that I can only turn my cheek and pray for my sake and yours...so that we can coexist in a world that has proven to tear down many walls. The one thing that may comfort me more than some is my faith that God is in control of this world...and it may be dark at times...but light still shines.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home