Turn to the next Paige

Monday, November 19, 2007

Update

Thanks for the thoughts for my cousin. He has been released and is doing alright as of now. So thumbs up!!

The weekend before last, I was asked to be the mc for the comedian Bill Engvall (might have seen him on Comedy Central, CMT, HBO...a great comedian in my opinion) at the Civic Auditorium. The auditorium was packed and once I walked on stage...I was strangely calm. Andy was backstage nervous and stuff. I thought that was adorable since I questioned WHY he was nervous. His reply was an even more adorable "cause I kept thinking thats my baby out there while I snapped pictures of you in front of all these people."

Cute.

This weekend I went with my mother who is helping a friend start off another home shopping network. She has no intention of keeping up with this since our business and she really doesn't want to go back to TV. She was a host for 7 years and got incredibly burned out and decided she needed a change a few years back.

Anywho, this was interesting since I was in front of MILLIONS and talking like I was a veteran. I started to think that this is strange since I talk on radio in front of thousands every week and still get little butterflies right before I go on...but on TV...not so much. I remember a few months ago my boss actually asked if I had ever considered tv. Not...really. Well, maybe I have (because I was practically raised around it) but I don't have a passion for news. It would have to be something I really enjoy. Some have said the backhanded compliment "Wow, you really don't have a face for radio."

I don't take that complimentary as some other people might...thats just me. Sure it's nice to hear you are attractive but I'd like to think I'm worth more than that. I would rather hear costructive criticism or praise on my voice and technique than to get by on a wink.

Enough of my female rights blog...onto the fun stuff. I finished our Christmas tree. The Grinch tree is up at Andy's and I am beyond proud. When I get a chance, I will post a picture because it rocks my world. I did Seuss very proud.

Also, countdown begins...4 months. From here on out it is chaos since the holidays then the first of my estimated 8 showers begin. Yes, as of now we have 8 showers. This is going to be insane!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home