Turn to the next Paige

Friday, January 25, 2008

Tiny Rambo!

In honor of Rambo coming out this evening, Andy and I went to the shooting range. If you remember back a couple of years ago, I went to the shooting range for the first time and was quite surprised at my first try. Andy has been having an itch to own a hand gun. He feels it is right to at least have one handy and have some familiarity with handling it. I don't disagree. This could become a debate in my mind. However, after working overnights and dealing with insane people...my safety concern is getting higher.

Now I have only been one time before so I was looking forward to seeing how I would do this time around. Andy has never been and has only handled shot guns before. After watching 3:10 to Yuma last night...it was on his mind to finally get out there and actually do it. Typical guy testosterone I guess. I am very proud to say that my honey is a natural and was shooting like a pro. He was comfortable with loading, aiming, and shooting like he had done it for years. His aim was very impressive.

We started off with a small hand gun (a 22 if my mind serves me) and worked up to a glock (shooting a 40). I personally like the smaller for the size and the fact that it didn't keep jamming up on me. That scared me to death and made me uncomfortable. The rush you get from actually shooting a gun is weird. It's a mixture of nervousness and adrenaline. However, my first shot on the bigger gun blasted literally through the center of our target's head. Our trainer didn't know what to say while a guy in the next lane had to make the comment "Well, you better not piss that little girl off." Thats pretty much my motto now....

3 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger jeannieo said...

    So last year I was dating a guy who was, um, very different from me. And one day we were sitting at his house watching TV, and he says "so you've never shot a gun before? well, put your shoes on, we're gonna go shoot in the yard."

    So we shot a little pistol (I don't know what kind) at a target pinned to a stump. And I'm proud to say, I was a better shot than he was!

    I think that was part of why we broke up...

     
  • At 1:54 PM , Blogger Paige said...

    HAHAHA!! I think every girl has their moment where they show up a guy at some point!

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Treegreen said...

    My old roommate Patrick is a collegiate pistol shooting champion. Won a number of awards. He and his father took it so seriously they owned their own gun range, and he is an instructor for the gun carrying permit class. He used to remark about how he was constantly having to tilt people's guns from the side to straight up because for some reason every guy there always imagined they were in a John Woo movie.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home