Turn to the next Paige

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Yeah, let's start building some hurtin' bombs!!

Ladies and Gents, this is my new slogan. The boy and I saw Rocky Balboa last night. It was better than I had expected. I like Rocky movies. They are clean in nature, fun to watch, and of course, very inspiring...to go beat the sense out of anybody. I like all the Rocky movies...even Rocky IV. Not so much V...but I like the Russian in the fourth movie. I always crack up when he tells Rocky "I will break you."

I started laughing during the training montage part of the movie because I could look around the rows in front of me and see all the men start to slightly move around in their seats. I just felt at any moment one would get up and start running out of the theater and go punch up a popcorn machine. At the sudden end of the training, the men started clapping and started yelling "YEAH!!" Thats what I like...to know that the movie has actually stirred emotions within the audience. So needless to say, the movie was worth my money. Oh, and many props to Sly Stallone to looking beastly even at the tender age of 60!! Did anyone else see the veins popping out of his arms and shoulders??

Tonight will be a low key celebration of the New Year for me. I have work at the station at 6am on New Year's Day so Andy and I are staying at my house tonight...until I kick him out so I can get some sleep. I am pretty excited about our plans to cook our first New Year's dinner. I believe we have decided on some homemade spaghetti (made from scratch), some sauteed spinach, crescent rolls, and a chocolate assortment of some kind...that is still in the works. In just a few hours we will be heading to the grocery store to pick up our ingredients and such. He is also bringing over his Wii that he got for Christmas. I have to say I am pretty excited to see this thing and I have heard nothing but good things about this Nintendo. So if I don't see you this New Year's, I hope you have an amazing one and God Bless!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home