Turn to the next Paige

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bye Bye Overnight

This Saturday will be my last overnight position at the station...forever! The past couple of months I have been toiling over the actual safety of me being in a building by myself in the area of our station...not too safe. In the past couple of weeks, we have had breakins in the parking lot, homeless people are living nearly 500 feet away from the doors and have been wondering in the parking lot themselves, I don't trust having to keep an eye on EVERY door in the building to make sure they are securely shut. I've been going back and forth on this decision for some time now. It is bitter sweet because I love what I do and I hate losing hours and airtime but figured safety and peace of mind will always win over the argument. A year ago, I was sitting in the station when the door flew open at 3 am in the morning and two guys walked in...that I have never seen in my life. It turned out to be one of the producers showing his buddy around the building but you can imagine me being scared to death and the actual level of uncertainty that ran through my mind. My level of comfort slowly dwindled after this circumstance and I am very please with my decision to quit the overnight. I still cover all the time and I have a set time every Sunday...but I just hate that I lose that air time. Ah, something will come around...at least I can have my Friday nights back!!

On a completely different subject...I am going to state that I think Fox News is absolutely...ridiculous. I hate media-bias news networks. CNN is not my favorite either but man...at least they didn't spend what seemed like an eternity on Rosie leaving The View. They acted like complete fools in front of the nation and having the most embarrassing guests to discuss their happiness for her leaving. And can we please move on from Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton? Did they break the law? OK? Now, what would the penalty be for me if I did that? And there is the answer to resolve this nonsense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home