Turn to the next Paige

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Emo Spidey= LAME

We saw Spider-Man 3 last night. Now let me state that I love big movies on opening weekend. I love the excitement, crowds, seeing people and just the environment. It's just fun to me. However, I hate to state that SM3 did not deliver. The visuals are great, but the storyline was just...it made me want to slam my head on the seat in front of me. This movie was just under 2 and a half hours...and it was about an hour longer than it should have. I liked the first 2 movies but this just dragged on and on and on. Tobey got on my nerves. I don't even want to start on Kirsten Dunst. James Franco...next please? The visuals were still cool. The whole, as my good friend Casey states, "Emo" Spidey (referring to Peter Parker during his Venom stent) had his moments of coolness and some scenes still made me giggle but man...most scenes just went overboard.

I was disappointed just on a movie going point of view. The rest of the theater goers agreed. As we were walking out, a young man stated "If I ever meet Tobey, I am going to punch him in the face." I quoted that the rest of the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home