Turn to the next Paige

Friday, January 05, 2007

TV Rant

My feelings on popular television shows:

Desperate Housewives: Words can't express my hatred for this show. I hate it. I hate it so much I find it hard to eat an apple now. I'm gritting my teeth as I am even thinking about this show. I gotta move on. I never could get into it and the actresses in this show grind my nerves to a pulp!

Lost: OK, maybe I can't truly judge this show because I have only seen a few episodes, but it really seems the writers look around their desk and use objects that they see in order to write a plot. (for example: Coca-Cola bottle with the polar bear cartoon and a postcard of an island....IT'S BRILLIANT!!) I like some of the characters (I dig Sawyer) but the main "doctor" character is way lame. I understand why people are addicted to this show because I have caught myself watching the show with anticipation. However, once it is over, I think back at how ridiculous it is. So I guess I "appreciate" the show.

Grey's Anatomy: I am guilty of not getting into television shows until after everybody else has. I started watching Grey's into its second season and I absolutely love it. I had to buy the first and second season on DVD. I love most of the characters, the morals, and the twists. Izzy, Madison, George, Alex, and Cristina are my favorites. However, this season has been a little slow. Hopefully the next few episodes are gonna kick in.

The Office: One of the funniest things I have ever seen. I love the camera work in this show. Another one that I didn't get into until after everyone else has. I'm still learning about the characters and the storylines. I have never seen the original show, but I am sure I would love it. The facial expressions of the characters are absolutely hilarious, especially when they are talking to the camera or when they look into the camera during a conversation with other characters.

Deal or No Deal: Guilty pleasure. Everyone I have ever introduced the show to are now addicted. It is pure comedy. I am actually making it a goal to be on the show.

Studio 60: I have never watched it. I hear mixed reviews on it.

Las Vegas: It's "OK"

Laguna Beach or any show of the like: I am very embarrassed to say that I watched it a couple of years ago when it first came out. However, someone needs to pull the plug on these shows...fast.

The Real World: Ok, growing up, these shows were interesting because they actually HAD social issues being discussed that were mostly taboo at the time. The first seasons really did bring issues out that are evident in everyday life. But now it's disgusting and it is predictable what the cast will be like. It's been like that for the past...7-8 years? There are no social issues being tackled and it is completely ridiculous. It's so lame that the commercials gross me out. Pull the plug on this one ASAP...or stop putting people on that embarrass this generation.

The Soup: This show can be funny.

Survivor: Is this show even on anymore? I never liked it.

The Apprentice: NOW WITH SNOOP DOG! I will pass.

Did I miss any???

1 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger BG said...

    My mom loved the first season of Desperate Housewives, so I bought it for her on DVD. She went on to explain how after the first season the show sucks because its not funny. Sarah loves Lost, and I liked the first season then quickly "lost" interest.

    ~Brian

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home